Why are testimonials so effective for small business?
So why are testimonials so effective?
- Testimonials build trust. Whether your customers are raving about what your product has done for them or about the great service you gave, they’re telling your visitors first and foremost that they had a positive experience with your products and company.
- Testimonials aren’t “salesy.” They are raw and emotional! Because testimonials aren’t written in your “voice,” they stand out in your copy as candid and unbiased accounts of how well your product works.
- Testimonials overcome skepticism. A good testimonial has the power to convince even your “tough sell” visitors that your product or service really made a difference in your customer’s life–and can help them, too.
Testimonials are a huge factor when it comes to making a buying decision, and if you aren’t utilizing the praise your customers have for your business, you are missing out on a huge opportunity to have current customers help you sell to prospects. A website with a hundred testimonials will generate more leads and close more sales than a website with no testimonials every time.
We are all influenced by the opinions of others to some extent. The phenomenon of social proof actually speaks directly to that idea. But how much do testimonials really influence us when it comes to making a purchase? Here are a few stats that stand out.
- People are 63% more likely to purchase a product from a site if it has product ratings and reviews (People Claim)
- 79% of online shoppers tend to trust online reviews as much as recommendations from friends and family (BrightLocal)
- Customer reviews create a 74% increase in product conversion (People Claim)
- 77% of people take the time to read product/service reviews before they make an online purchase (Juniper Research)
Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89% (WebDAM)
90% of consumers admit their buying decisions are influenced by online reviews (Marketing Land)
If you are just using text testimonials on your website, you are failing to utilize one of your best marketing tools – satisfied customers – to their full potential. Video testimonials are far more engaging and convincing. They will keep visitors on your site longer and increase the chances that they will make a purchase. Check out the stats below to learn why you can’t say no to video testimonials.
65% of your audience are visual learners (WebDAM)
Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video (ComScore)
Website visitors who view video stay on a website an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos (ComScore)
Its good that people can read your clients testimonials, but wouldn’t it resonate more, if people can see, hear, and FEEL that testimonial?
TC Productions, LLC is a client focused, results oriented video production company based out of Atlanta, GA. With the goal of creating relationships rather than customers, our clients understand we are involved from start to finish and beyond. TC Productions plays a pivotal role by capturing and creating the clientele’s vision with the utmost of professionalism. A unique aspect of TC Productions is that we are equipped with an educational background, technical experience, and ingenuity that enables us to create professional videos at an affordable rate.